incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:03:35 GMT
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > What is the latest thinking on the AOO logos?
> >
> > There is some great material on the wiki:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals
> >
> > Drew did a lot of initial work here.   But it is not clear to me
> > whether we have a final recommendation, whether the work is ongoing,
> > etc.
> >
> > If we have a design that is considered the one to go with, could
> > someone propose it as the official logo, so we can see if there are
> > any objections?  It would be good to get some closure on this.
> >

> yes, I know...I am rather late to this party.
>
> I would be happy to make a proposal to adopt the first banner on
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals
>
> as the "official" web logo, and actually make this change, but...
>
> where are we with the "incubating" business. Would we have this in addition
> to the current "incubating" logo which we currently have or ???
>
> I probably have missed other discussions about the "incubating" topic.

The incubation requirement is that we have "(incubating)" on the *page*
along with the podling disclaimer.  We're not required to have
"(incubating)" in the logo.  In fact, some of us have recommended that we
do not put "(incubating)" in the logo.  If we can have a "clean" logo
without that, then we can use the same logo after we graduate.