incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Google Analytics on download.openoffice.org
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 02:23:46 GMT
I'd like to enable Google Analytics on our download page.

This would allow us to collect some important data, such as the
geographical distribution of download requests.  This information has
been sought for 3.4 mirror distribution planning. It can also provide
continuity of our download statistics which we would otherwise lose
when moving off of MirrorBrain.

Of course, if some else is willing to implement an alternative way of
collecting this info, then I'd love it hear it.  But I think GA is the
most direct method.

Lazy consensus, 72 hours, etc.

-Rob