incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distribution of Windows versions
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:10:02 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Kevin Sisco <kevinsisco61784@gmail.com>wrote:

> Okay so all this data really tells us is that more people download on
> windows 7.  Does this really mean we should stop supporting windows
> 2000 all together?

If "support" means anything, it means that someone has volunteered to test
the platform and confirm that we work, and if there are gross errors with
installing or running on that platform, then we treat them as release
blockers.

But if no one volunteers to do that work, then I think we should not say we
support Windows 2000.

What the 0.14% figure means to me is that I feel less bad if we say that we
do not support Windows 2000.

-Rob