incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:42:20 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> --- Mar 13/3/12, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could we remove the LibreOffice link from the main page ?
>> (e.g. just put the name of the derivated software) ?
>>
> +1
>
> Simon added the mention to libreoffice, and he removed my line explaining that Oracle
had chosen to given the project to a Foundation with the governance and credibility to maintain
it (Apache).

> Simon; we know you are very fond of the LibreOffice guys and most of us are OK with that
but you are committer and PPMC member and you are expected to wear your Apache hat here.

Just consider that page to be brainstorming on possible FAQ's and
answers.  In the end the PMC will determine the questions that are
included in the FAQ's as well as the responses.  But I am already
concerned that some of the questions are inappropriate and will need
to be removed.  For example, we should not be answering questions
about what Oracle has or hasn't done.  That is not our palce.  At most
we should refer to Oracle press releases or other authoritative
statements.

In any case, I encourage you all to brainstorm freely, try not to
censor yourself or others too much or too early.  Brainstorming is
best when unhindered.

I volunteer, when things are cooled down, to edit the FAQ's, convert
them to MDText and seek PMC approval for including them in our
website's Community FAQ items.  I've done most of the other FAQ's.  It
will be easy enough to get these added.

-Rob