incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Madden <gomadtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 07:05:02 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Christoph Jopp <jopp@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> Am 17.03.2012 02:14, schrieb Bjoern Michaelsen:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 08:58:31AM +0100, eric b wrote:
>>> FYI, Ubuntu Mageia, Mandriva blocked us too : while issues asking
>>> for integration exist, nobody will never do anything serious, and
>>> every time we'll fit a condition, another will be invented to block
>>> again ...
>>
>> That is quite an outragious misrepresentation of facts. Nothing is blocking you
>> from packing OOo4Kids in an Ubuntu ppa. I would like to see a link proving
>> these claims. That being said AFAIK nobody even bothered to try this. The same
>> goes for Apache OpenOffice -- feel free to make a ppa release for it. You would
>> be well advised not to disturb LibreOffice (or any other package from the
>> main/universe repositories) in doing so. Not because it is strictly a
>> requirement in a PPA (which sometimes contain experimental/flaky stuff), but
>> because even the most adventurous users will not forgive you lightly when you
>> mess with applications from the default install.
>>

> I think Eric was talking about the integration into the standard
> repositories, not building a Personal Package Archive on Launchpad.
>
> Christoph
>
>> Best,
>>
>> Bjoern
>>
>> (*) as long as you stick to the https://help.launchpad.net/PPATermsofUse

Hi , an introduction, I have been reading the AOO-dev list and testing
AOO dev builds for my use In Debian.

I am the user imacat reffered to in the OP. I was inquiring on the
Debian user list to solicit user opinions before approaching OO-dev
for Debian. imacat got that ball rolling:-) a good thing on the AOO
side & Debian side. Now both sides are aware of each other, hopefully
it can be worked out.

It is about AOO in  the official Debian repositories, PPA is Ubuntu
stuff,afaik, not relevant to me.

I am not a developer of any kind so no help there in making it happen.

--
Peace

Greg Madden