incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From lou ql <louqin...@gmail.com>
Subject WebDAV support: oo3.3 and oo3.4 are affecting each other
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 03:11:52 GMT
I'm testing IP clearance->libneon these days. You can find the details from
here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance+Impact

To test WebDAV supporting,  I set up a simple WebDAV server. It's the first
time for me to do this, and I just test the server on XP SP3 with oo3.3 as
client.

background:
on the XP,  I installed both oo3.3 and Ooo-dev. Then upgrade oo3.3 to
r1293550 and found WebDAV doesn't work, then I uninstall r1293550 and
re-install oo3.3. With this oo3.3 I test my WebDAV server:
1. click File->open in openoffice then insert
http://9.123.153.36/webdavand click Open
2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
3. enter correct username/password, then press Enter
4. the folder opened and I can see all contents, then I select a .odt file
to open, succeeds.
So, I say my server works.

Yesterday I download r1296433 and upgrade oo3.3 to this latest build, then
repeat above steps. But in open dialog I found the pass
http://9.123.153.36/webdav is remembered, and it works.

To avoid impact of user profile of oo3.3, I kill all process and rename
folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\OpenOffice.org, then relaunch openoffice and try again, but in step 1
it says the file name is invalid...

Reuse the old user profile, it works.

Reuse the new one, it doesn't work.

So, I thought there may be some settings in user profile which is set when
installing.

Then, I find a clean XP SP3, I never installed openoffice on it, and
install oo3.4 r1296433. But it doesn't work with error "the above file name
is invalid"...

May be the server is invalid? Back to the original XP, I uninstall oo3.4,
remove the user profiles, re-install oo3.3, unfortunately, 3.3 doesn't work
either, with the same error message....

then I tried on Ubuntu 10.04: remove oo3.4 r1293550 which is upgraded from
oo 3.3, then install latest r1296433, repeat the steps, works

But when I modify then save, there is an Error message:
Error saving the document libnero:
Error transferring data to the internet.
Server error mesage: Internal Server Error

Maybe the permission on server is incorrect set? I will check later.

So, the server is working, but oo3.3 cannot work now...except for user
profile in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\OpenOffice.org, there is another place that openoffice is using?

other platforms I tried:

win7-64, intalled oo3.3, used for days, then uninstall and install oo3.4
r1296433:
1. click open then insert http://9.123.153.36/webdav and click Open
2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
3. enter correct user/password, then press Enter
Nothing happened...

Redhat 6.1: installed oo3.3, upgraded to a local build r1296612, then
uninstall and re-install the r1296433
1. click File->open in openoffice then insert
http://9.123.153.36/webdavand click Open
2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
3. enter correct username/password, then press Enter
4. the folder opened and I can see all contents
5. close it. do some other operations: copy image then paste...open/close...
6. click File->open in openoffice then insert
http://9.123.153.36/webdavand click Open
Nothing happened...

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message