incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From lou ql <louqin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV support: oo3.3 and oo3.4 are affecting each other
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 02:05:39 GMT
On 8 March 2012 18:12, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> 4. the folder opened and I can see all contents, then I select a .odt file
>> to open, succeeds.
>> So, I say my server works.
>>
>> Yesterday I download r1296433 and upgrade oo3.3 to this latest build, then
>> repeat above steps. But in open dialog I found the pass
>> http://9.123.153.36/webdav is remembered, and it works.
>>
>> To avoid impact of user profile of oo3.3, I kill all process and rename
>> folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\**Application
>> Data\OpenOffice.org, then relaunch openoffice and try again, but in step 1
>> it says the file name is invalid...
>>
>> Reuse the old user profile, it works.
>>
>> Reuse the new one, it doesn't work.
>>
>> So, I thought there may be some settings in user profile which is set when
>> installing.
>>
>> Then, I find a clean XP SP3, I never installed openoffice on it, and
>> install oo3.4 r1296433. But it doesn't work with error "the above file
>> name
>> is invalid"...
>>
>> May be the server is invalid? Back to the original XP, I uninstall oo3.4,
>> remove the user profiles, re-install oo3.3, unfortunately, 3.3 doesn't
>> work
>> either, with the same error message....
>>
>> then I tried on Ubuntu 10.04: remove oo3.4 r1293550 which is upgraded from
>> oo 3.3, then install latest r1296433, repeat the steps, works
>>
>> But when I modify then save, there is an Error message:
>> Error saving the document libnero:
>> Error transferring data to the internet.
>> Server error mesage: Internal Server Error
>>
>> Maybe the permission on server is incorrect set? I will check later.
>>
>> So, the server is working, but oo3.3 cannot work now...except for user
>> profile in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\**Application
>> Data\OpenOffice.org, there is another place that openoffice is using?
>>
>> other platforms I tried:
>>
>> win7-64, intalled oo3.3, used for days, then uninstall and install oo3.4
>> r1296433:
>> 1. click open then insert http://9.123.153.36/webdav and click Open
>> 2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
>> 3. enter correct user/password, then press Enter
>> Nothing happened...
>>
>> Redhat 6.1: installed oo3.3, upgraded to a local build r1296612, then
>> uninstall and re-install the r1296433
>> 1. click File->open in openoffice then insert
>> http://9.123.153.36/webdavand click Open
>>
>> 2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
>> 3. enter correct username/password, then press Enter
>> 4. the folder opened and I can see all contents
>> 5. close it. do some other operations: copy image then
>> paste...open/close...
>> 6. click File->open in openoffice then insert
>> http://9.123.153.36/webdavand click Open
>> Nothing happened...
>>
>>  it seems you did an intensive testing. But I can't reproduce the
> problems testing against a server running on Ubuntu and MacOS with clients
> based on OOo3.3 or AOO3.4 r1296433 on Windows 7 and MacOS.

How do you run this on Mac openoffice? I cannot type into the open dialog
on Mac 10.6, but can only select the local folders or the mounted folders.
The same when I want to insert an image via URL from Insert->Picture->From
File.... I attached the open dialog, can you show me where do you type the
URL? Thank you so much..

and, is there anybody can help me to recover my XP?  I tried uninstall
openoffice and Ooo-dev then remove the user profile and the folder in
C:\Program Files, then re-install oo3.3 this morning, but it still cannot
connect to the WebDAV....