incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From lou ql <louqin...@gmail.com>
Subject report builder extension: cannot be installed into r1293550 on XP, win7 64-bit or Ubuntu
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 03:42:10 GMT
On 1 March 2012 03:49, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 09:18 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> > As we approach the first Release Candidate for Apache OpenOffice 3.4,
> > it would be wonderful if we could have some more volunteers testing
> > the latest dev snapshots builds. Following is some information on what
> > this requires, and how you can help.
> >
> > First, if you have never tested a pre-release product before, know
> > that bugs are expected. That is the purpose of testing, to find bugs
> > so they can be fixed. Bugs could range from UI glitches, to incorrect
> > formatting to crashes or even data corruption.  So you probably don't
> > want to use a test build for mission-critical tasks. Of course, I
> > assume you have already backed up your important documents.  You do
> > have backups, right?  Ideally you can do your testing on a separate
> > machine from your main work machine, so if something goes wrong you
> > will not interfere with your other work.
> >
> > The above are all sensible precautions when testing any pre-release
> > software product.
> >
> > If you are ready to test, you can download the latest developer
> > snapshot build from this page:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
> >
> > We could use help verifying the install in all real-world scenarios,
> > on clean OS installs, as upgrades to previous versions of OOo and as
> > installs on machines where LibreOffice or Symphony are already
> > installed.
>
> Installed on Ubuntu 11.04 alongside LibO 3.5 (64bit), OpenJDK 1.6 - no
> problems.
>
> Installed a few extensions - mixed results
> - Report Builder - install good, a couple of quick reports, good.

I installed it to the ooo-dev r1291124 successfully on XP.  But today when
I try to install into r1293550, there always be a message "Could not create
java implementation loader", I tried on XP, win7 64-bit and Ubuntu, by
using the build which provides full normal install sets...

In IP_clearance page (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance) I notice
that several libararies are removed which are used by report builder
extension, should this extension still be usable without those libararies?
What's the impact of the removing?

- a couple of addon, custom spell checkers - all good