incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From xia zhao <lilyzh...@gmail.com>
Subject AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report as of 2012/2/29 (2012/2/23 - 2012/2/29):
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 09:30:51 GMT
*AOO 3.4 Overall QA Status:*
Based on the test plan:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
80% IP clearance testing have been done. These are the tests of areas most
impacted by removed/replaced modules due to IP clearance.
80% general testing have been done. These are general functional tests.

*AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report as of 2012/2/29 (2012/2/23 - 2012/2/29):*
Test build: dev snapshot builds: Rev. 1291124,1293550
Test Platforms: Windows XP SP3, Mac 10.6.8, Ubuntu 10.04, Redhat 6.1
*Test Cases Executed:*
*4 modules of IP clearance*

   - replace svg (LGPL) support
   - 3rd party/external library
   Core
   - report builder extension related
   - libneon removement testing

*7 function areas of General testing:*

   - Interoperability testing with MS office in Impress animation, shape,
   table, pictures,chart etc
   - Interoperability testing with MS office in Writer in numbering and
   bullet, table, shape, Table of content,header/footer etc
   - Interoperability testing with MS office in Calc in chart, cell style
   - Calc filter,
   - Spell check
   - Vector picture testing
   - Chart (still 20% left)

*Defects Summary:*
So far 311 defects raised against 3.4beta, AOO dev and 3.4m0
Among them, 45 critical defects raised and 21 ones remain opening now.
29 defects raised in this week,and 4 defects closed.

Based on previous testing and my observation so far, the animation
imteroperability is one weak area, especially for text animation. Undo/redo
is also week area. Besides, seems the quality on Windows is weak than that
on inux.

But the stability can give us much confidience, the unproduced crash is
less occur against latest AOO 3.4 build though we did have some
reproducable crash in bug pool.

*Risk:*
The high risk for AOO 3.4 is during the migration from OO to AOO, many test
cases lost and no one large automation suite can be used for regression
testing now. So again I appreciate and thakns for everyone's contribution
to QA works.

If you have interesting in QA work and decide to contribute to it, please
go to AOO 3.4 main page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA.
Get dev build from:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
Write your case by edit this page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/
And place your result:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestResults

Or you may just do general testing based on your usage without test cases
or testing result and just raise defects in Bugzilla directly:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
Any contribution is welcome and can contribute to this project's success!

Besides, I created entry for project reporting on below wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Reporting

Uner it, you can get detail AOO 3.4 QA weekly status reports from this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+QA+Status+Report

Best Regards,

Lily