incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "F C. Costero" <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your program
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 03:39:15 GMT
I would not recommend running a mixed environment with some people
using Word and others Writer. Writer's support of the Word (.doc)
format is good, but not perfect. Occasionally, document formatting
will get corrupted. I don't have any experience with Word's support of
the format native to Writer (.odt), but I've seen Excel's support of
the ods format and it is unusable. Consider getting everyone on
Writer.
I have pasted below a message from another mailing list member that
you may have missed because I think he only sent it to the mailing
list and not your direct email.
Francis

El día 29 de marzo de 2012 22:40

Writer is not a clone of Word: Writer do similar things (process
complex documents) than Word, but on different ways. For example,
Writer is heavily based on the proper use of styles and have an user
interface easy to use, but not easy to learn... But once you know how
everything work, it offers you a really powerful tool.

Regards

Ricardo