incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT]: Request for an early review of an potential Apache OpenOffice release
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 23:05:45 GMT
Grammar-weenie-ing:

"We did a lot of IP clearance work to become Apache conform"

That sentence structure suggests "compliant" instead of "conform", as
in "to become Apache-compliant".  Alternately, you can say "IP
clearance work to conform to Apache standards" or "to conform to the
Apache Way".

---

"We are preparing developer snapshots since several weeks"

I'd suggest "We have prepared developer snapshots over the past several weeks".

---

"because of the complexity of the project we would be very much appreciate"

Remove "be".

---

"We know that we have no RC candidate right now"

RC = release candidate?  If so, replace "RC" with "release" here.  The
second "RC" is probably okay.

Otherwise, good content and tone.

Don