incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO timeline of accomplishments
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 04:19:34 GMT
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:09:33 -0500
>> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> You might perhaps enter dates (even approximate) for Commencement of IP clearance
and Completion of IP clearance. I remind you that this timeline may be viewed by the unskilled,
so terms such as IP and Pootle need some explanation.

> Interesting idea.  I made the copyleft removal be an extent rather
> than just indicate the points.  See the revised version here:
>
> http://www.robweir.com/AOO.png
>
> One of the memes about this project that you hear is that we spent an
> exorbitant amount of time just removing copyleft components.  This
> puts it in perspective and shows that we spent relatively little time
> doing that.
>
> -Rob
>
>> --
>> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>

Rob ++
This is a cool image.  It makes it really obvious that we have done a lot.

2 things that pop out:
Make "Enter Incubation" an infra item. - though I can see reasons why
you considered that community.
Put infra first so it matches your legend, which is ordered differently or
    Change the order in the legend to match the order of the main
graphic (Whichever is easier).

Presumably the blog post surrounding the graphic will make pootle and
confluence wiki etc. understandable to the non-illuminated.  It is an
excellent and compact depiction of all that has been done.

Good show!

Wolf