incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:02:47 GMT
Seems I spoke a little to early on some of the points below (see Joe's
observations later in this thread)

The project is generally doing very well, but learning to play nice with
those not fully aligned to "the one true vision" is Spongebob that needs
work.

On Mar 13, 2012 5:36 PM, "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On 13 March 2012 17:17, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> The Apache OpenOffice project is still in incubation and has not yet
requested graduation to a TLP.

> > A release is a prerequisite to graduation. Once a release has been made
graduation is next on the agenda. Our mentors can correct me if I am wrong,
but we have likely met all of the other requirements.

> Speaking as just one mentor I believe the PPMC is now functioning as a
> healthy Apache PMC. Specifically:
>
> - the diversity requirement of the project has been met (in fact this
> was the case on day one)
>
> - all discussions relating to project strategy now take place on the
> public mailing lists
>
> - the voice of the lone contributor is as loud as the voice of any
> other contributor
>
> - decisions are being taken by those who are ready, willing and able
> to implement them
>
> - the community is rewarding those who earn merit with committership
> in the project
>
> - participants are finding their natural place within the community
> (this includes coders, testers, technical writers, forum admins,
> translators and many more)
>
> - the community is learning to respect and reward non-code contributions
>
> - there is evidence of cross-project collaboration both into and out of
AOO