incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Spell checker or dictionary... (was Re: Test result: LIbreOffice crashes, AOO doesn't, on OOXML file)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:32:47 GMT
On 1 March 2012 15:24, Raphael Bircher <rbircher_aoo@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> The problem is not realy that there is no dic. The problem is that the
> spellchecker works without dic. It would be not so confusing if you see no
> red lines ;-) It would be good if the spellchecker put a message "no
> dicionary installed" an the screen instead of working without dic. But this
> is more a low priority issue.

I agree. Some feedback to users with no dictionary present would be a
nice-to-have. I realise this is a developer release but a project with
this profile will get users downloading it.

This problem, from a user perspective, is made worse by the fact that
this install (at least on windows 7) seems to hide away previous
installs of OOo so there is no longer a version with a working
spell-checker. We can try and warn users of this change, but they will
still download and complain.

Ross