incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Blog idea: interviews with AOO developers
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:19:48 GMT
On 16 March 2012 12:06, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:
>
>> This discussion seems to have stalled, that's a shame it was a good
>> idea and I saw a few people willing to take on the work.
>>
>> FWIW, I did meetup with Dave Fisher in San Francisco recently. We had a
> great cup of SF coffee, and spent some time together discussing his
> participation and contributions in the project. I've now got to shape my
> notes up into a draft and get it back to Dave for some further polishing,
> then I'll be able to get it posted on list here for folks to review.

Brilliant, I hope others are able to do similar in whatever way feels
comfortable to them (email, skype, coffee)

>> My suggestion is for those wanting to try this out to just do it. It
>> doesn't need to be perfect or meet the full and active approval of the
>> PPMC. Just as long as it is something and nobody objects.
>>
>> OK, thanks this helps. I was perhaps being too concerned with process, and
> that slowed me down a bit.

Yes, reaching consensus on a process is hard. Lets just see what
emerges. If two people start doing useful stuff in different ways then
we just figure out how to make them co-exist, that might mean merging
processes or it might mean having two sources of interview content.
Lets see how it goes.

Ross