incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: press announcement for AOO 3.4
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 07:55:03 GMT
On Mar 2, 2012 11:28 PM, "Jörg Schmidt" <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:

> And I see a problem if it is for beginners so difficult to understand the
workings of
> Apache. Many of us who are not developers want to work for the success of
AOO,
> but do not always understand ways of working.

True, that's why there is an incubation process with mentors. Thanks for
asking the questions others will surely have. Rob has covered this well,
the most important things to understand are:

- if you or an organisation wishes to speak publicly about AOO you can do
so but you cannot claim to represent the project, only your engagement
within it.

- if you need the project to make an official statement of some kind the
best thing to do is to write a draft and send it here for review and
approval. For official press releases it also needs to be approved by press@

- don't worry about language, the ASF is very large, we can cope with many
languages and press@ will seek help if necessary

- for official press releases press@ will send it out on the wires for us,
for statements from the project the blog is available (although the blog is
English, the PPMC needs to think about what to do here)

Ross