incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Test result: LIbreOffice crashes, AOO doesn't, on OOXML file
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:16:33 GMT
I thought the team might like to hear about one of my test results.

I have just received a .docx with some rather dodgy formatting
techniques used by the author. My partner tried to open it in
LibreOffice, on both Linux and Windows - it crashed. I tried it in AOO
(Windows 7 with Libre Office, OpenOffice and MS Office) and it did a
reasonable job of it - certainly much better than crashing. The only
real problems I see is with the strange formatting techniques employed
by the author.

I'm assuming no dictionary is included since every word I have is
reported as being spelt wrong.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)