incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 is coming
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:55:26 GMT

Google Summer of Code is the ideal opportunity for you to attract new
contributors to your projects.

If you want to participate with your project you NOW need to

- understand what it means to be a mentor [1] - propose your project ideas.
Just label your issues with gsoc2012 in JIRA and they will show up at [2].
See also [1]. - subscribe to code-awards@apache.org (restricted to
potential mentors, meant to be used as a private list - general discussions
on the public dev@community.apache.org list as much as possible please)

The ASF will apply as a participating organization with GSoC, your project
doesn't need to do that. See [3] for more information. Note that the ASF
isn't accepted yet, nevertheless you *really* should start recording your
ideas now.

Last year we had 38 students completing GSoC successfully, some of which
are now active contributors to the projects they worked on. Let's make this
a success again this year!

On behalf of the GSoC 2012 admins,

Uli

[1] http://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html [2]