incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose next developer snapshot based on revision 1299571
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:28:11 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com>wrote:

> On 3/12/2012 9:14 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> 2012/3/12 J├╝rgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@**googlemail.com<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>> >

>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to propose that we prepare the next set of dev snapshots
>>> based on the revision r1299571 (same as last changed revision). It is not
>>> the latest working buildbot revision but I would like to include an
>>> increased buildid.
>>>
>>>  Hi Juergen--
>>
>> Could someone at some point enlighten us as to WHY the latest revisions
>> aren't automatically scooped up by the buildbot?
>>
> The build bots pull the latest code every night.
>
>  Or amybe a wiki page on
>> this??? I also notice that the Linux-32 build via buildbot still has
>> issues, and wonder, why, if changes have been successfully made to this
>> build AND supposedly it's being built by Ubuntu (same as the developer
>> builds), it still has issues.
>>
> The Linux-32 build bot is on Ubuntu 11.10 (as opposed to 10.04).  There
> are issues related to building on the newer Ubuntu.
> We've been working through them, but there is one issue left with symbols
> in CoinMP.  I have not had time to work through that issue.

Andrew--Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by the wording in
Juergen's message somehow...I thought what you are saying was the case.

> (I am wondering if CoinMP is deployed on the system - outside of the build
> tree - when it is compiled.  If so a version using a different set of g++
> and ld may be on the system, and blocking it from being rebuilt.)
>
> Anyway - it is down to the last four packages, and 'almost' builds ;-)
>

>  I confess I know NOTHING about the buildbot,
>> so if you can point me (and others) to some instructions that might be
>> helpful.
>>
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/**openoffice/buildlogs/linux32/**
> log/unxlngi6.pro.build.html<http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux32/log/unxlngi6.pro.build.html>
> that shows the latest set of logs
>
> http://ci.apache.org/builders/**openoffice-linux32-nightly<http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly>
> shows the latest builds - click on a build and you can see the set of
> steps it goes through.

Right, yes...I've looked at these. I need to learn more about the setup
(inclusions etc) we have setup FOR the build as there appears to be several
options. But I will explore on my own for the time being. Thanks again for
this response. I would like to help with building but haven't had  the time
to it so far.

> A.
>

>> Thanks for everything! :)
>>

>>  It is still no a official RC because of the existing show stopper issues.
>>> I hope that we can start a second build later this week if possible.
>>>
>>> I would like to propose also that we continue to provide normal/complete
>>> install sets for all languages.
>>>
>>> The dev snapshot from last week was proposed to the IPMC with zero
>>> response so far. Not really promising and maybe somebody else has an idea
>>> what we can do to get some early feedback.
>>>
>>> The builds will be made available again under
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/**
>>> confluence/display/OOOUSERS/****AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+***
>>> *Snapshots<https://cwiki.**apache.org/confluence/display/**
>>> OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+**Developer+Snapshots<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots>
>>> >

>>> Juergen
>>>

> --
>
> Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
> OracleCorporate Architecture Group
> Redwood Shores, CA | 650.506.9847

MzK

"Follow your bliss."