incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: update service - proposal for temporary solution until AOO 3.4 is released.
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:04:26 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <
orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On 18.03.2012 22:14, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>

>>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 5:03 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann<
>>> orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi,

>>>  Oliver --
>>
>> Hi. I put your snippet out there just a bit ago...and this is what I
>> currently get as a message from "Check for Updates" in OOo 3.3...
>>
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> Staus:
>> Checking for an update failed.

>> http://update36.services.**openoffice.org/**ProductUpdateService/check.**
>> Update?pkgfmt=rpmdoes<http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpmdoes>
>> not exist.
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> so not exactly what you said but at least OOo doesn't spend time trying to
>> connect to something that doesn't exist
>>
>> ...I have update36.services.openoffice.**org<http://update36.services.openoffice.org>routed
to the web server with
>> your new snippet in place.
>>

> Hm...
>
> I tested only on Windows with OOo 3.3.0 and OOo 3.1.0 by replace the
> <UpdateID> in the file <version.ini> by a URL to the local file system.
>
> Do you have the possibility to try this also with your installation?
>
> May be I have overlooked something in the code.
>

> Best regards, Oliver.

Oliver--

I am not following here. I have an old binary version of 3.3 installed as a
normal user would. I do not have a "version.ini" file -- this is part of
the source not the delivered binary. Users would not be expecting to change
files associated with the product to deal with this. In other words, we
need/should come up with a reply that will work with existing installs that
will not require any other changes.

Am I missing something?

MzK

"Follow your bliss."