incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:06:21 GMT
2012/3/5 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/3/5 Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>:
>>> Overwriting OOo and eliminating the extensions will create a huge howl from
>>> tons of users and create unnecessary extra work for the people providing
>>> user support.
>>
>> +1. I think that adding an "a" on the path of both, install folder and
>> user profile (something like ~/.aopenoffice.org/, or even shorter:
>> ~/.aoo/) will prevent some problems and confusion.
>
> Again, show me the bug report that has a reproducible case for AOO 3.4
> overwriting OOo 3.3.0 profile data.  I hope you agree that the lack of
> such a bug report makes this whole discussion rather bizarre, like
> maybe we have too many opinionated project members chasing after too
> few facts?
>
> -Rob

My "few facts" comes from almost a decade providing support to
*normal* users that do not look at blogs, mailing lists, wikis... and
just install an update when they find it. But that is my personal
experience, it could be subjective...

BTW, according to WordNet "opinionated" means "narrow minded" which I
think is a little too much, don't you think? After all, I commented on
this topic only once...

Regards
Ricardo