incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download.services.openoffice.org in danger
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:19:59 GMT
On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 03/04/2012 08:02 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>
>> With the Oracle infrastructure going away we are in danger of losing the
>> legacy downloads and the root of the MirrorBrain network.
>

> I haven't realised that this counts also for the download webserver. I
> thought for mail services only.
>

>> Also it turns out that the Extensions site uses the url
>> updateexte.services.openoffice.org for updates and that url points to
>> download.services.openoffice.org
>

> I don't know the reason for the linking. But maybe it's because a few
> extensions are outsourced from the main repository due to their high load.
> See:
>
> http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/extended/extensions/
>

>> SourceForge has asked to take control of
>> updateexte.services.openoffice.org which makes sense.
>

> Great.

Let us know how to move this forward. By the way, we look forward to
give the control back to the community for maintenance, maybe we could
create an admin account for Infra?

>> What do we want to do about download.services.openoffice.org?
>

> It can be switched to the alternative host which is hosted by MirrorBrain
> itself, so that this is used for serving downloads instead of the Oracle
> hosted service.
>
> See the file "http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars.js". Just
> exchange the content for the "MIRROR_MIRRORBRAIN_URL" and
> "MIRROR_MIRRORBRAIN2_URL" variables.

If you need any help on that let us know, we might serve them temporary in case.

Best,

Roberto

> Marcus
====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.
Thank you.