incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Re: AOO timeline of accomplishments
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 07:32:02 GMT
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Wolf Halton <wolf.halton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

>>> You might perhaps enter dates (even approximate) for Commencement of IP clearance
and Completion of IP clearance. I remind you that this timeline may be viewed by the unskilled,
so terms such as IP and Pootle need some explanation.

>> Interesting idea.  I made the copyleft removal be an extent rather
>> than just indicate the points.  See the revised version here:
>>
>> http://www.robweir.com/AOO.png
>>
>> One of the memes about this project that you hear is that we spent an
>> exorbitant amount of time just removing copyleft components.  This
>> puts it in perspective and shows that we spent relatively little time
>> doing that.
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>>> --
>>> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
>
> Rob ++
> This is a cool image.  It makes it really obvious that we have done a lot.

Cool, indeed.

Some minor changes:

- a bullet is missing for the Extensions site migrated (Feb 26 2012)
- there is a red bullet with no tag on the 1st of March

Roberto

> 2 things that pop out:
> Make "Enter Incubation" an infra item. - though I can see reasons why
> you considered that community.
> Put infra first so it matches your legend, which is ordered differently or
>    Change the order in the legend to match the order of the main
> graphic (Whichever is easier).
>
> Presumably the blog post surrounding the graphic will make pootle and
> confluence wiki etc. understandable to the non-illuminated.  It is an
> excellent and compact depiction of all that has been done.
>
> Good show!
>
> Wolf
> --
> This Apt Has Super Cow Powers - http://sourcefreedom.com
> Advancing Libraries Together - http://LYRASIS.org
====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.
Thank you.