incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Extensions Website restored at SourceForge
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:51:01 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net>wrote:

>> associate

>> solution

>> > thanks fir the update Roberto, can you tell me where we are with the
>> > extension update Url and the service behind. Do you need help to
>> understand
>> > what the service has done? We have to check the code to figure out how
>> the
>> > requests look in detail ...
>>
>> We have already investigated how it works, and we do actually serve
>> updates requests answering that there are no updates. This is just as
>> it was configured before.
>>
>> Any information about how the update protocol works would be helpful
>> for the future, though.
>>
>> Roberto
>>

> OK, I have an odd question. Is this the same "update protocol" that is used
> to update the actual base package -- i.e. OOo -- the same "update"
> capability that is currently missing from, say, the existing Linux 32-bit
> build?
>
> Roberto-- where can we get more info on what is actually being "served" in
> response to update request? That is, the URL for it.

The two URLs are slightly different.

AOO Updates:
http://www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

Extensions Updates:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/ExtensionUpdateService/check.Update

And we do manage the second one.

> *IF* the same "update protocol" is used for everything, base package and
> extensions, here is what I (we) know. Apparently, there was some
> proprietary tool in place from what I gather in which entries were
> (manually?) entered for "products". That tool created atom feeds at a
> specified URL which the "products/extensions" would then reference for
> updates.

I expect the two protocols to be nearly the same, but I do know very
little about how do they work, and we do know only how to return the
no updates available feedback at the moment.

Roberto

====