incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:36:05 GMT
Hi

2012/3/14 imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

> I have brought this issue into:
>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org/msg28484.html
>
> Anyone would like to follow up?

I have interesting in this question, Imacat.

In other list - the debian-publicity, when i did a infographic of Debian
and its funcionalities[1], was asked why[2] i used the gulls and not the
paper (of LibO), and i reply[3] that i believe that AOO will returns.
[1]http://claudiocomputing.wordpress.com/infographic-of-debian/
[2]http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/12/msg00059.html
[3]http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/12/msg00060.html

As i help in l10n of Debian too, i asked for some debian developers about
this question, of return AOO/OOo to Debian. The reply was to get a stable
version and continuity in the devel more the said point by Imacat about the
compatibility in FHS and the legal questions that, in my opinion, is in a
good way.

And about the debian and linux to be our minor public, i not agree. The
market share of OS of linux is ~20% into desktop, and when we give a focus
in support the AOO in Debian, practically we are helping all derivates,
like Ubuntu. Entering (again) in Debian, is more easy to enter in all
derivates. The same for RPM based distros.

I started my study in deb pack system and i wish to play with it.

Best,
Claudio