incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pootle translation roundtrip
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:28:50 GMT
Hi

2012/3/14 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>

> Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012 schrieb Claudio Filho <filhocf@gmail.com>:
> > Jürgen, you wish to say "words"  or "strings"? How many *strings* (lines)
> > have the last SDF?
>
> Pootle counts 89977 words. But I have seen for example a file/section with
> 2 entries counting 5 words together. Means 2 commits for 5 words.

Exact. I uploaded the PO template generated from your en-US.sdf to Pootle
(in my machine) and matches with your. It says that have 89977 words, so we
have 72696 strings (with 89977 words).

This is a mistake that happen between professional and volunteers
translators. The first charges by word, and the second don't charge. :-P
Now, serious, for volunteers, generally we see how many strings need to
translate, where can be since one symbol or a phrase of 10 lines.

Well, now i see that is all ok.

Best,
Claudio