incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com>
Subject Regional AOO sites [was: Re: openoffice.fm]
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:26:52 GMT
Hi

2012/3/14 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
> 2) Domain name "openoffice.fm"
>
> Both are likely confusing to the consumer and falsely imply the
> identity and source of their goods.
>
> BTW, I created a place in Bugzilla to track things like this:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/enter_bug.cgi?product=trademark

Rob, a NL related question: if someone of us bring up a website for
regional/local group, in native language, how do you will see this
act?

A example was here, in Brazil. At begin, the "openoffice.org.br" was
with us, and we created a portal with Drupal, talking in brazilian
portuguese all news about ODF/OOo in our country and the world (with
the respective translation, when was the case). At final, in function
of the trademark problems with "openoffice", we changed to "broffice",
but always clearly linked with main project.

Can we follow this strategy?

A CMS can give us a more flexibility to work. Is possible? What you
(and Apache) think about?

best,
Claudio