incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From tracy ann essoglou <taessog...@gmail.com>
Subject Encounter with Oracle... after downloading OpenOffice
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 18:36:09 GMT
Dear Open Office,
You should disassociate with Oracle and its pop-up registration requests
asap, lest friendly users of your hard work continue to be treated as I
was, tainting your reputation and product. The following was just sent to
Oracle after getting stuck in an Oracle registration fiasco prompted by
Oracle in the name of Open Office!

"This is easily the most aggressively rude behavior I have ever encountered
from a tech support department. I was directed to register with Oracle by
an Oracle popup screen after having downloaded a new version of OpenOffice
(the 5th time in 7 years). I have no interest in Oracle or its affairs but
followed the link asking me to register thinking that this was a new event
in the OpenOffice system. I successfully logged in and created a profile.
Today the register popup reappeared so I followed it and tried to log in.
After several failed attempts with my password I was locked out. So I
proceeded to ask for a new password. I was sent one to my email. I copied
it and entered it into the appropriate fields but it was refused. I
verified my account and tried again receiving a second password. I repeated
all the steps to no avail and received indication to call the toll free
number. I was talked over by the attendant twice who actually refused help,
told me that I had  called the wrong number despite the fact that I called
the toll free number appearing on my screen and was directed to him by a
human operator. The attendant didn't care, offered no assistance, kept
repeating that he existed only for paying customers, disputed the chain of
events without even listening to them and twice hung up on me in
mid-sentence. Customer service!? No guy who hates his job and should live
amongst machines and not be on a service call-line. Now I am looking to
resign my profile entirely from Oracle and cannot find that information
either. PLEASE CLOSE MY ORACLE PROFILE IMMEDIATELY.
Dr. Tracy Ann Essoglou"

Good luck and thank you.
Tracy Ann Essoglou, PhD.
PhD: Philosophy of Communications
MA: Media Studies
BA: Anthropology, Semiotics & Cultural Studies