incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Pöml <pe...@poeml.de>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download statistics fixed / little problem left
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:08:52 GMT

Am 20.03.2012 um 23:05 schrieb Marcus (OOo):

> Am 03/20/2012 10:09 PM, schrieb Peter Pöml:
>> Am 19.03.2012 um 18:30 schrieb Rob Weir:
>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> Do you have access to any historical download stats for
>>> OpenOffice.org?   It would be great if we could find out the peak
>>> download rate for when OpenOffice.org 3.3 first released. Is that kind
>>> of data available?  This would help greatly for AOO 3.4 release
>>> capacity planning.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> I didn't check specifically for 3.3 now, but the OOo releases usually peaked at 30
downloads per second.

> That would be 2,592,000 per day which is a big difference to 300,000.
>
> Which timeframe have you looked at? Have you counted every release and file?

Oops, you are right. That was from memory, and with that number I meant requests per second
on the download server. (Many downloads involve more than one request due to the size o f
the files.) We intentionally count actual downloads, by pruning the stats for such requests.
The actual downloads around the release of 3.3 (26th of January 2011) were:

 2011-01-20 | 274474
 2011-01-21 | 246778
 2011-01-22 | 227105
 2011-01-23 | 255429
 2011-01-24 | 284173
 2011-01-25 | 288854
 2011-01-26 | 298913
 2011-01-27 | 308698
 2011-01-28 | 272082
 2011-01-29 | 232045
 2011-01-30 | 256343
 2011-01-31 | 293944
 2011-02-01 | 253093
 2011-02-02 | 290810
 2011-02-03 | 268075
 2011-02-04 | 246628
 2011-02-05 | 228094
 2011-02-06 | 253427
 2011-02-07 | 294311
 2011-02-08 | 282960
 2011-02-09 | 296006
 2011-02-10 | 287030

You see, load on the download server are always the same, with only a tiny peak being noticeable.

Peter