incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "C. J. Palmer" <cjpal...@charter.net>
Subject RE: [DOWNLOAD] Switched the download service from "download.services.openoffice.org" to "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org"
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:27:41 GMT
Please no more E-Mails

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus (OOo) [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:26 PM
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DOWNLOAD] Switched the download service from
"download.services.openoffice.org" to "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org"

Am 03/15/2012 02:01 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Mar 14, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>
>> Am 03/15/2012 01:34 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:

>>> This is great.
>>>
>>> I think we need to start thinking about a "Thanks" page on the
>>> website.  Aside from direct volunteer efforts on the project,we're
>>> starting to benefit from what I'd call "in kind" contributions from
>>> 3rd parties, such as what we're seeing here,and with SourceForge.
>>
>> BTW:
>> On the bottom of "http://www.openoffice.org/download/" you can see a
banner logo with linkback to Mirrorbrain. This is there since, hm, 2-3 years
maybe. But of course we can enhance this much more.

> I removed the links to legacy release candidates, betas and developer
builds. Their continued presence on the site will only confuse people.

Of course a good idea do "hide" links to (now really) superflous
releases. However, it would be better to comment them out to keep the
functionality for the future.

I will put them back but with comments, so that it will look like now
--> blank and not available.

You can still download the Beta and RC bits if you know how. I've an
idea to get rid of them, too.

Looks like a little todo for me for the weekend. :-)

> I think that the "Release Schedule" link[1] needs some attention.
 >
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Product_Release

In general yes. But maybe we should wait until we have our release
published. Then we can discuss about when to do new releases.

Marcus