incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:52:51 GMT

On 13 Mar 2012, at 17:45, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:42:01 +0000
> Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> The AOO project team includes a large number of the original
>>> developers, Symphony developers, community developers and new
>>> developers.
>>
>> The original population was much much larger so "large" seems
>> hyperbolic here. How about:
>>
>> *  The AOO project team includes a number of the original
>> developers plus developers from IBM Symphony and community
>> developers old and new.
>
> How about "many" or "very many"

The actual situation I think is close to: "of the hundred or so developers once employed by
Sun on OpenOffice.org, about 15 of them are still participating in open source development
derived from the OpenOffice.org codebase. Of those about half work on Apache OpenOffice and
half on LibreOffice" (corrections giving actual numbers and ratios welcome BTW). Thus words
like "large" or "many" seem overstatement in connection with either AOO or LO.

S.