incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:35:18 GMT

On 13 Mar 2012, at 21:28, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> --- Mar 13/3/12, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could we remove the LibreOffice link from the main page ?
>> (e.g. just put the name of the derivated software) ?
>>
> +1
>
> Simon added the mention to libreoffice,

I felt it was appropriate in context, yes. Pretending it doesn't exist is unrealistic. Including
it helps the general user and establishes our credibility.

> and he removed my line explaining that Oracle had chosen to given the project to a Foundation
with the governance and credibility to maintain it (Apache).

I replaced your rather long and subjective statement with something simpler and objective,
yes. No reflection on the content, it just isn't appropriate to the document. We all know
about Apache's strengths.

S.