incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:01:58 GMT

On 13 Mar 2012, at 15:37, Armin wrote:

> Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>> On 12 Mar 2012, at 12:50, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>> I jest,of course.
>>>
>>> But seriously, there are some claiming that "all" of the
>>> OpenOffice.org project went over to LibreOffice and that the Apache
>>> has zero experience with this code base.  I know this sounds crazy,
>>> but how can we best refute that statement?
>>
>> Out of interest, where have you seen that statement from an authoritative
>> source? The former community seems spread between the AOO project and
>> LibreOffice to me, and all the comments I have seen (and made) occupy that reality.
>
> This is what was in the press, but... Just think about that 3/4 of the
> developers (I write developers here by purpose) were Sun employees and none
> of them changd over...

I'm not clear on what you're saying, Armin? Are you saying you believe no former Sun developers
are working on LibreOffice? There are actually a reasonable number of them working on it,
about as many as are working on AOO. Both communities have experienced Hamburg developers
involved, augmented by developers with experience from elsewhere.

S.