incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From <..@imsoftwaresystems.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: After AOO 3.4, attracting new contributors
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 05:21:08 GMT

Hi Pedro Giffuni,

You are absolutely right, i could not think the other side it(exploiting &
making money inexchange of certificates). The certificates are issyed by
Apache and issued only when there is a contribution.
The second point is that most of the students generally do not have any
ideas on projects. When a person is seriously working on the project, i am
not sure how much time he/she can spend guiding/mentoring the
students/freshers.

With out any benefit to the student/fresher i am not sure how many people
will be willing to contribute because they should be able to show the
contribution as experience in their resumes.

Thanks & Regards,
Ram,
Im Software Systems.