incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download statistics fixed / little problem left
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 00:51:04 GMT

On Mar 5, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Peter Pöml wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with some maintenance updates I did on download.services.openoffice.org, I recently broke
the download statistics (http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/marketing_bouncer.html). I fixed
them a few days ago. The web page doesn't update anymore, though, since the 20th of February.
That was the day when I broke the generation of the underlying download counting.

The 20th of February, 2011 was about when the change was made to Kenai.

> I suppose that we don't mind to continue couting :-) and the underlying data generation
is fixed now. But who is in the position to get the page to be updated again?

Where and how do you generate the statistics.

> I know there's a daily cronjob which pulls the download counts in CSV format from download.services.openoffice.org,
but I am not sure who installed that and/or who has access to the web server where the stats
are hosted.

I bet this is long gone. However there are other tools available. I think that the preferred
way would be to have a buildbot in the CMS to pull the data and publish the page.

Regards,
Dave