incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:03:26 GMT

On 14 Mar 2012, at 00:54, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 Mar 2012, at 00:25, Rob Weir wrote:
>>>
>>> It may be better to emphasize the questions that will have a useful
>>> lifetime of much more than the time it will take to achieve consensus
>>> on the responses.
>>
>> Actually, it's looking pretty good already. My experience of FAQs is that a good
FAQ starts small and is dynamic, changing with the questions that are current in the project.
I see no reason to assume it will take weeks of delay to have a stable set of questions and
answers that can then form the core of future activity.

> With 22 of 33 revisions coming from you, I assume it would meet with
> your satisfaction.  But if you are happy with it now, maybe take a
> break and let someone else get in and edit?

First you complain I do nothing, now you're unhappy I do too much. Impossible to please :-)

Seriously though, getting a page started in a wiki in public is like that; you don't perfect
it offline, you hack it online and every "save" looks like a revision to the outsider. It's
quiesced now, knock yourself out.

S.