incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Layout problems revising OOo doc using OOo3.4
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:02:11 GMT
On 24/03/2012, at 23:25, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm encountering irritating layout problems while revising legacy
>> OpenOffice.org documents using the latest developer build from Apache
>> OpenOffice. Same file works in LibreOffice 3.4.6 with no problems.
>> Here are two of the issues I'm encountering (may be others that I
>> don't recall right now).
>>
>> * Random images become invisible, though still in the file; tweaking
>> the frame size makes them visible again.
>
> By "random" do you mean that the same document, when loaded repeated
> times, has different images not show?  Or do you mean that it happens
> consistently with some images, but not with others?
>
> A sample doc attached in a BZ issue would help diagnosis this.

Random in both senses, different times & files. Not a new problem; has been around for
years though I don't know the issue number. TJ might know; I think he did some research on
this among other problems the Docs group has had.

The second problem I noted (below) is new to me. Has happened with all files I've tried so
far.

I won't be able to upload a file BZ or anywhere for a few days. Sure wish the iPad had a personal
hotspot feature.