incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:53:24 GMT
Meta- question: Why is this cross-posted? This is an ooo-dev topic.

On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:34 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> What is the latest thinking on the AOO logos?
>
> There is some great material on the wiki:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals

I like 2.4 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #4

> Drew did a lot of initial work here.   But it is not clear to me
> whether we have a final recommendation, whether the work is ongoing,
> etc.
>
> If we have a design that is considered the one to go with, could
> someone propose it as the official logo, so we can see if there are
> any objections?  It would be good to get some closure on this.
>
> Also, I'll feel a little artistic this week, after doing that timeline
> ;-).   So next I'd like to then take the logo design, and create two
> variations that we can use to inform users about the 3.4 release.
>
> -- a "coming soon" webpage/blog logo that project supporters may put
> on their websites.  It would be linked to a page that we would host,
> with FAQ's on AOO 3.4, including information on signing up for the
> ooo-announce list, etc.

A logo is a good idea, but I think building the content of this page is primary. That needs
to be a co-operative process handled in one clear thread.

> - a "get AOO" logo, also for supports to use on their own websites.
> It would be linked to our download webpage on openoffice.org.

Totally agree. You brought this up before.

Let's see if Drew has thoughts?

Regards,
Dave