incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:36:11 GMT
Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2012, at 15:37, Armin wrote:
>
>> Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

>>> Out of interest, where have you seen that statement from an authoritative
>>> source? The former community seems spread between the AOO project and
>>> LibreOffice to me, and all the comments I have seen (and made) occupy that reality.
>>
>> This is what was in the press, but... Just think about that 3/4 of the
>> developers (I write developers here by purpose) were Sun employees and none
>> of them changd over...
>
> I'm not clear on what you're saying, Armin? Are you saying you believe no
> former Sun developers are working on LibreOffice? There are actually a
> reasonable number of them working on it, about as many as are working on
> AOO. Both communities have experienced Hamburg developers involved,
> augmented by developers with experience from elsewhere.

Sorry, I was talking about the time of LO forking. At that time AFAIK it
was only one from the Sun team who had left Sun on his own and started to
work on LO for another company and seems deeply involved in the fork; still
the press was about 'nearly all' developers/forces moving over to LO.

Now there are indeed some more, esp after Oracle closing and freed forces
being hired by various parties supporting LO directly, so there are indeed
some of the core team working on it for some months now. The sad point is
that now indeed the main force behind OOo started doing something
completely different and a lot of knowhow is lost.

--
ALG