incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] redirection of update services to www.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:15:27 GMT
On 29/03/2012 Kay Schenk wrote:
> Day before yesterday, we  tried to do a test (DNS re-routing) with the
> older "update.services.openoffice.org" (I don't even know which version
> this was the update service for), I am wondering if those *older* clients
> were doing something different from what say the newer 3.x versions are.

Indeed,
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol
which Ariel and others found out to be the current version, says that
this version "no longer uses http post requests", which would confirm
your doubt: probably there are thousands of very old clients using the
old protocol, but newer versions behave in a more sustainable way.

Regards,
   Andrea.