incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distribution of Windows versions
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:22:02 GMT
On 28/03/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Fernand Vanrie<sos@pmgroup.be>  wrote:
>> Interesting, do you have also figures about the differences in OS :
>>   Windows versus Linux or Mac etc..
> There were some numbers posted on that a few weeks ago.  These charts show
> the MirrorBrain downloads of OpenOffice, from February:
> http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/marketing_bouncer.html
> So, 90% Windows,  6% Mac, 3% Linux.

These numbers, while probably still realistic, are from February 2011,
not from February 2012. As discussed in other threads, published
download figures have not been automatically updated since the move to
Kenai (the platform hosting openoffice.org websites from February 2011
until the move to Apache).

If the Windows versions breakdown uses data from February 2011 too, then
we probably have more Windows 7 downloads and fewer Windows XP download
with respect to the data sent by Rob.

Regards,
   Andrea.