incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:19:39 GMT

On 03/30/2012 06:20 AM, drew jensen wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 08:03 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding

>>> yes, I know...I am rather late to this party.
>>>
>>> I would be happy to make a proposal to adopt the first banner on
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals
>>>
>>> as the "official" web logo, and actually make this change, but...
>>>
>>> where are we with the "incubating" business. Would we have this in addition
>>> to the current "incubating" logo which we currently have or ???
>>>
>>> I probably have missed other discussions about the "incubating" topic.
>>>

>> The incubation requirement is that we have "(incubating)" on the *page*
>> along with the podling disclaimer.  We're not required to have
>> "(incubating)" in the logo.  In fact, some of us have recommended that we
>> do not put "(incubating)" in the logo.  If we can have a "clean" logo
>> without that, then we can use the same logo after we graduate.
>
> well, all the artwork I've submitted and I've said this before, is setup
> up with layers - just open it, hide or remove the layer named
> 'incubating' and it's gone.

Well I would be happy to do an actual PROPOSAL with Lazy Consensus from
among the following 3 logos on:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals

* the first logo under the heading
1.1 Proposed banner logo for the main web site

* or either of the orb-centric proposals
2.1 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #1,
2.2 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #2

Rob, given your explanation, I'm assuming we would keep the
"(incubating)" wording next to the logo as we have now.

Re your other comments...the "Coming soon" logo does sound like a
nice/worthwhile idea. Something we can work on soonish...

>>> --

>>> MzK
>>>
>>> "Women and cats will do as they please,
>>>   and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
>>>                                                                     --
>>> Robert Heinlein

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,