incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Info about the update protocol
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:26:37 GMT
Hi,

On 29.03.2012 19:15, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann<
> orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Joe,
>>

>> On 29.03.2012 03:31, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> Look I'm pretty serious about the situation as
>>> it stands.  If someone can just give me a little
>>> pointer to where the update client is implemented
>>> in the svn tree that would be great.
>>>

>> You will find the main stuff in /main/extensions/source/**update/check.
>> In updateprotokoll.cxx you will find function<checkForUpdates(..)>.
>> Please have also a look at [1], esp. [2].
>>
>> Our UCB (Universal Content Broker) is used to get the update information
>> (an response in XML format) via the URL which is given in the<version.ini>
>> resp.<versionrc>  file. The URL is found at item<UpdateURL>  in this
file.

>> I have have checked what kind of HTTP requests are triggered by our "Check
>> for Updates" function. It is a GET request. It should be a single one.
>>

> a ha! So...maybe the business we saw on Tuesday was from an older
> implementation  that used "POST" instead of "GET". I was going to spend
> some time today looking into this Oliver. So --THANK YOU!
>
> OK, next question... do you or anyone else happen to have a mapping between
> update host names and versions to which they apply?
>
> We redirected "update.services.openoffice.org" which MAY be the URL for
> older clients that used "POST" instead of "GET". I don't know version of
> OOo this would have been configured for.
>
> Should we assume that all the update3x.service.openoffice.org
>
> apply to OpenOffice.org 3.x clients which are probably implementing the
> corrected protocol -- GET vs POST?
>
> I'm happy we're making progress on this!
>
> ps. I also found update23.services.openoffice.org and
> update24.openoffice.org as valid DNS entries which we definitely NOT
> re-rotue probably due to the same issues.

Currently, I have
OOo 2.2, OOo 3.1, OOo 3.1.1 and OOo 3.3 installed.
The URLs are according <version.ini> resp. <versionrc>:
- OOo 2.2: http://update.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
- OOo 3.1: http://update32.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
- OOo 3.1.1:
http://update32.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
- OOo 3.3: http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

I have installationsets for OOo 3.0, OOo 3.0.1, OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 on my
machine. I will install them and check the <version.ini> resp. <versionrc>.
I will have a look on the network traffic to figure out which HTTP requests are
sent.

Best regards, Oliver.