incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Dictionary extensions
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:31:01 GMT
On 3/29/12 11:13 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:23:36 +0200
> Andre Fischer<af@a-w-f.de>  wrote:
>
>> On 29.03.2012 10:02, Gianluca Turconi wrote:

>>> I've just sent a mail about this topic to the Italian user ML.
>>>
>>> I'll give here any feedback from the users, if any will be
>>> provided.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think they should surely be included:
>>>
>>> Italian
>>> English (US or GB)
>>
>> Please keep in mind that we currently have no en_GB.
>>

>>> However, these dictionaries
>>>
>>> French
>>> German
>>> Spanish (Espana)
>>>
>>> may be useful too to many Italian users, in my opinion.
>>
>> OK, I will wait.
>>

>>> Is there a near deadline for "speaking up"? :-)
>>
>> The deadline is our release.
>> But the sooner the better.
>>

>>> Regards,
>>

> It is worth noting that a frequent
> question from users is how to remove unwanted
> preinstalled dictionaries.  In a future release perhaps a
> modification of the install process might allow selection of
> dictionaries at install time.  I suspect, but do not know for
> certain, that in some cases such users wish to economise on
> memory, be it storage or RAM, used by the program when installed
> on older computers.

this is valuable feedback and we should take care of this in the future.
As always and everywhere we have a lot of areas where we can improve
things.

That means that we exactly need the feedback from our users (home as
well as enterprise users). In the end the tasks they want to achieve are
very similar for all. Our focus for the future should be to make
things as easy as possible for our users.

Juergen