incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Info about the update protocol
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:23:52 GMT
Hi Joe,

On 29.03.2012 03:31, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Look I'm pretty serious about the situation as
> it stands.  If someone can just give me a little
> pointer to where the update client is implemented
> in the svn tree that would be great.

You will find the main stuff in /main/extensions/source/update/check.
In updateprotokoll.cxx you will find function <checkForUpdates(..)>.
Please have also a look at [1], esp. [2].

Our UCB (Universal Content Broker) is used to get the update information (an
response in XML format) via the URL which is given in the <version.ini> resp.
<versionrc> file. The URL is found at item <UpdateURL> in this file.

I have have checked what kind of HTTP requests are triggered by our "Check for
Updates" function. It is a GET request. It should be a single one.
As I only looked at the current code this might not be the same for former
OpenOffice.org instances.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol
[2]
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol#A_glance_on_the_code_for_the_Apache_OpenOffice_3.4_release

If you need further information etc., do not hesitate to ask - I will give my
best to support you.

Best regards, Oliver.