incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION]: Steps for update or new translation
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:03:38 GMT
On 3/29/12 8:11 AM, Serg Bormant wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/3/28 Ariel Constenla-Haile<arielch@apache.org>:

>>> $ wget http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/en-US.sdf
>>> $ wget http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/fi/localize.sdf?revision=1229431&view=co
>>> -O fi.SDF
>>
>> May be it's better to use Apache Subversion to checkout that file:
>>
>> svn co https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/fi
>>
>> Then you can update it, as it get updated by AOO devs.:
>>
>> cd fi
>> svn up
>>
>>> Lost wget in second line and -O (upper case o) instead of -o

>>> ... and now you get backtrace with
>>>
>>> ValueError: invalid tab-delimited line: '#\n'
>>
>> This is because of the header comment in the localize.sdf. Copy the file
>> and remove the first 31 lines of the header:
>>
>> cp fi/localize.sdf fi-old.sdf
>>
>> vim fi-old.sdf
>> (remove the comments at the beginning)
>>
>> cat en-US.sdf fi-old.sdf>  fi-merged.sdf
>
> Thanks, header was the source of error, not line in the middle of sdf
> with literally '#\n' as I mistakenly thought. While the header is 31
> line this simple command sequence prepares Russian PO set in ui/ and
> help/ directories with the same structure as used in pootle l10n
> projects.
>
> $ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/ru
> ru
> $ wget -O en-US.sdf http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/en-US.sdf
> $ ( cat en-US.sdf ; tail -n +32 ru/localize.sdf )>  merged.sdf
> $ rm ui help
> $ oo2po -l ru merged.sdf ui
> $ mv ui/helpcontent2 ./help
>
> To update localized .sdf:
> $ svn co ru
>
> It would be nice to checkout/update en-US.sdf from svn too. What do
> you think about this? On the one hand, the en-US.sdf is not source
> file because it is generated based on the source tree, but on the
> other it is the starting point (and a source) for l10n process.

First of all I would like to point you all on this wiki page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers#Roundtrip

You don't have to merge any files together manually.

I think in the future we will find a way to checkin the po files instead
of the sdf. Or at the beginning we will maybe have both checked in. A
goal should be to eliminate the sdf files completely if possible.

I can also think about a process where we automatically merge the po
files from the pootle into our repo on a regular basis... That means
that we would have to update pootle first when we got external offline
translated po files or should update both.

Juergen