incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [MENTOR ADVICE]]Re: [RC build testing]the .exe packages are not signed
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:32:06 GMT
On 3/23/12 7:25 AM, lou ql wrote:
> on Windows 7, when I double-click the package to install, a User Account
> Control message will appear and the publisher is "Unknown", will this be
> fixed at the final version?

good question where I don't have an answer yet. We have to discuss this
with legal and/or with our mentors.

I think we will need a trustful certificate that is accepted and where
we (or at least one person providing the binary Windows builds) has
access to the private information ...

I don't know if such a certificate already exists and if a process to
use it is in an appropriate and secure way exists as well.

@our mentors: can you provide any information or advice how we can
address this issue?

I assuem it will become even more important for Windows 8.

Juergen