incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [BUILDBOT] build breaker on linux64 nightly Build#159
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:44:14 GMT

On 3/23/2012 3:26 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The linux64 build #159 ([1]) broke because of the new dictionary
> bundling.  The reason for this break is that downloading of one
> extension failed (probably because one mirror was temporarily down).
> This is regarded as an error that leads to abortion of main/bootstrap.
>
> There are several ways to fix this:
>
> - Ignore the error and start building.  The only drawback is that some
> extensions are not bundled in the install sets.
>
> - Run bootstrap again until all extensions are downloaded.
>
> - Add a switch to configure that handles extensions that can not be
> downloaded as warning, not as error.
I have the Linux64 bb set up to do a clobber on the source tree.  This
means that it tests the build from scratch - and we don't miss stuff
because incremental builds are so much easier and quicker.  My
preference is to leave that build that way.
I have many steps in the process set up to continue after fail -
bootstrap was not set that way, because if it does not download
properly, that is normally catastrophic to the build.  I think it needs
to stay that way.
I am fine with the build being broken while we sort this out - we need
to fix this in a stable way.

A.

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group