incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [CODE] Is main/filter/source/config/tools/merge/pyAltFCFGMerge really needed
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:23:50 GMT
Hi,

On my work on the LICENSE and NOTICE files I stumble over file
main/filter/source/config/tools/merge/pyAltFCFGMerge

I am not sure, if we really need this file:
- A look into its usage in main/filter/source/config/fragments/makefile.mk
reveals that it is only needed, if we are building without Java.

As far as I know Java is a build prerequisite. Or am I wrong here?
If it is a build prerequisite, then we can get rid of this file.

I had build on Windows 7 and Ubuntu and had to install Java for it.

Does somebody had experience on certain platforms building without Java?

Best regards, Oliver.