incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILDBOT] build breaker on linux64 nightly Build#159
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:41:45 GMT
Hi,

On 23.03.2012 11:26, Andre Fischer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The linux64 build #159 ([1]) broke because of the new dictionary bundling. The
> reason for this break is that downloading of one extension failed (probably
> because one mirror was temporarily down). This is regarded as an error that
> leads to abortion of main/bootstrap.
>
> There are several ways to fix this:
>
> - Ignore the error and start building. The only drawback is that some extensions
> are not bundled in the install sets.

This handling could cause that a incorrect provided (aka non-existing) URL will
never be recognized.

> - Run bootstrap again until all extensions are downloaded.

Could be an endless process, if the server provided the given URL is down or if
the URL is not existing.

> - Add a switch to configure that handles extensions that can not be downloaded
> as warning, not as error.

My favorite.
But we have to assure that we have a look at these warnings in order to fix
them, if it is not a temporary one. Otherwise, this option would be the same as
the first option.
Would it be possible to include the information that warnings occur in the post
of the buildbot run?

Best regards, Oliver.